Calling all ChucK’ers, SuperColliders, Max and PureData patchers, CSounders, Fluxites, Overtoners, and all other tongues of creative coders. We welcome you to attend the fifth edition of the Creative Music Coding lab at STEIM.
The CMC lab is an autonomous zone to try out sonic experiments as a group. And an opportunity to leverage the expertise of the group in realizing new artistic tools and processes through the medium of code. Many of the founding members of the group are indeed experts in their favorite languages, but we come from all technical levels of proficiency and enjoy helping one-another out.
DATE: Tuesday, 1 OCTOBER 2013
LOCATION: STEIM Concert Space, Utrechtsedwarsstraat 134 Amsterdam ( map )
Please let us know if you plan to come (mail marije [AT] steim [DOT] nl ), so we have a rough idea who to expect.
What ARE the goals for the lab?
- a place for creative music coders to show work in progress, regardless of programming language or platform
- a place to discuss and question techniques with fellow computer musicians
- an informal stage for playing with others, livecoding sessions, jamming, and other fun experiments
- an opportunity to meet like-minded artists, share talents, and start new collaborations
- an opportunity to be exposed to new languages and improve cross-language fluency
- a way to discover lesser known and emerging creative programming paradigms
- a place to to discuss interconnections between programming environments
- an environment for discussions on cultural contexts surrounding coding in the arts
We encourage members of the group to use this as a platform for exploring ways in which we might be able to create and play together. Proposals for creative group investigations of hardware, software, and coding as process are welcome.
As always, entry is free, tea and coffee will be provided.
To keep in touch with members of the CMC Lab we have a mailing list (contact tijs [AT] steim [DOT] nl to join). Also join us on facebook: facebook.com/groups/creativemusiccoding/